The Authority shall consist of a council, a permanent secretariat and administrative departments which shall carry out the various tasks assigned to the Authority.
The INAI Council shall:
- Adjudicate upon disputes filed before the Authority in the area of access to information;
- Inform each of the concerned organizations and the information requester in person about the decisions of the Authority;
- Promote the culture of access to information in coordination with bodies subject to the provisions of this Law and civil society, through public awareness and training activities./li>
- Supervise the work of the Authority
- Select a General Secretary of the Authority from non-members
- Appoint a civil servant from among the Authority’s administrative staff to record its deliberations
- Propose the Authority organigram (in preparation)
- Adopt the rules of procedure of the Authority
- Propose the draft budget of the Authority
- Adopt the annual report of the Authority
The Permanent Secretariat
A permanent Secretariat is attached to the Council. It shall operate under the direct authority of INAI President. It is in charge of organizing the regular meetings of the Council, preparing case files on its agenda, which will then be forwarded to the members of the Council. The Permanent Secretariat shall maintain a record of the Council deliberations and draw up the meeting minutes.